I have been teaching in India and Kathmandu for the last 16 years the subject of biology zoology and related subjects in colleges, like anatomy and physiology, developmental biology, cytogenetics etc.
I have written many educational articles and study material in the subject of zoology
I would be much interest to write biology/zoology econtent for educational IT developing companies
pls. find my resume pasted below:
PO Box 8975, EPC 699, Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Nepal, Mobile Ph: 00977-9841235922/9808041101
OBJECTIVE: APPLICATION FOR LECTURERSHIP/ASSISTANT PROFESSORSHIP/BIOLOGY ECONTENT WRITER
Dedicated, resourceful education professional for the last 15 years with proven ability to impart quality education and promote a safe learning environment
JULY 1995: M.PHIL. IN ZOOLOGY FROM “UNIVERSITY OF DELHI”, DELHI, INDIA
Dissertation: Control of genes expression in Drosophila and Caenorhabditis
JULY 1994: M.SC. ZOOLOGY FROM “UNIVERSITY OF DELHI”, DELHI, INDIA
Topics on mammalian physiology, principles of chemical biology, systematic and evolution, development biology, proto-zoology, cell and molecular biology, prokaryotic structure and genetic mechanisms, eukaryotic cell structure and functions, cytogenetics and somatic cell genetics, molecular biology of single cell eukaryotes, principal of gene manipulation , mammalian endocrinology, microbiology, embryology, parasitology and vertebrate immune system, biostatistics
July 1990: B.Sc. General Biology from “Kurukshetra University”, Haryana India
Topics on Non-Chordata and Chordata, Pisciculture and Aquaculture, Developmental Biology, Biogeography, Ethology, Medical Zoology, Insect Pests, food storage, Entomology, Economic Zoology, Animal Physiology, systems of classification and nomenclature, evolution, conservation, wild life management, ethology, Cytology, Histology, Biochemistry, Enzymes and Co-Enzymes, Genetics, Ecology, Plant Anatomy, Plant Physiology, ecology and environment, Cryptogams, Gymnosperms and angiosperms, Paleobotany, Plant Taxonomy, Economic Botany, Plant Embryology, Biotechnology, Pollution and Environment Biology etc.
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES RECEIVED
NET qualified / U.G.C.-C.S.I.R. (Union Grant Commission - Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) exam'94 getting JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and Lectureship eligibility certificate to teach in college and University by the Govt. of India.
Qualified G.A.T.E. (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) getting another fellowship
Passed internet based (iBT) TOEFL test for English proficiency with scores of 99 in 2007.
Passed computer based (CBT) GRE General i.e. graduate record exam with total scores of 900 in 2005
LABORATORY AND RESEARCH SKILLS
PCR Technique, Preparation of human/rat/mice karyotype and G-Banding, Spectrophotometry, Chromatographic techniques, GEL electrophoresis, Transformation of E.coli with plasmid , Plasmid isolation and transformation, Purification of CCC DNA by CsCl centrifugation, Gram staining, DNA and protein sequencing, Bioassays, Growth and maintenance of bacterial cultures, Western Blot, Use of haemocytometer, Microinjection, Microscopy, autoclave use, sterilization, Disinfection and asceptic techniques etc.
INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
Word Processing, Spreadsheets & Database Skills, File Management & Windows Explorer Skills, Electronic Presentation Skills, Videoconferencing skills, Web CT or Blackboard Teaching Skills, Web Navigation & E-Mail Management Skills, Downloading Software From the Web (Knowledge including eBooks), Computer Network Knowledge, Installing Computer Software onto a Computer System, Digital Cameras, Computer-Related Storage Devices (Knowledge: disks, CDs, USB drives, zip disks, DVDs, etc.), Scanner Knowledge, Knowledge of PDAs, Educational Copyright Knowledge, Computer Security knowledge.
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
Reading scientific journals and Magazines, Internet surfing, Visiting natural places, Writing scientific articles, Painting and music, playing sports
Member of International Society of Zoological Sciences (ISZS), secretariat at Beijing, China
NOVEMBER 2010 TILL DATE, NOBEL COLLEGE, SINAMANGAL, KATHMANDU, NEPAL
LECTURER IN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
• Teaching theory classes in “Anatomy & Physiology” to Ist Semester of BPH Programme
• Demonstrating experiments in Anatomy & Physiology.
NOV 2010 TILL DATE, WHITE HOUSE INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, KHUMALTAR, LALITPUR, NEPAL
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY AND CYTOGENETICS
• Teaching “Developmental Biology” to IVth Semester of B.Tech Biotechnology programme
• Designed and demonstrated Practicals in Developmental Biology
• Teaching “Cytogenetics” to III rd Semester of B.Tech Biotechnology Programme
• Demonstrating Practicals in Cytogenetics
Also teaching toxicology in Little Buddha College of health Sciences
MAY 2001 TILL DATE, NOBEL ACADEMY, KATHMANDU, NEPAL
• Teaching Theory in Zoological Sciences and demonstrated Practicals in Zoology
• Developing Lesson Plans and Demonstrating Practicals
• Evaluation and Conduct of Examinations
• Organized Scientific Exhibitions, Seminar and Educational Tours
• Also coached students for Medical Entrance Competition for MBBS Course
MAY 2008 TILL MARCH, 2010, GEMS INSTITUTE OF HIGHER EDUCATION, KATHMANDU, NEPAL
ACADEMIC COORDINATOR, BSMD PROGRAMME
• Overall management of BS/MD (Equivalent to MBBS) Program.
• Conduct of Evaluation and Examinations, making results
• Took Lectures and Laboratory classes in Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and Animal Physiology along with Cell and Molecular Biology, for Biology BS (Graduation Program) affiliated to AUF University, the Philippines
• Developed Lesson Plans and Designed Lab classes
• Also taught Theory and Practical of A Level and HSEB+2 Biology
MAY 2007 TILL 2008, XAVIER INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, KATHMANDU, NEPAL
• Taught B.Sc. Zoology complete course affiliated to Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu and demonstrating Practical classes.
• Taught "AS and A level" Cambridge University Course in the subject of Biology with practicals.
• Preparing, improving and distributing study materials according to syllabus
• Preparing questions for Terminal Exams, conducting examination and doing evaluation.
MAY 2001 TILL 2008, SANN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, KATHMANDU, NEPAL
LECTURER OF DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY
• Took theory and practical in B.Sc. Biotech Program
• Covered Developmental Biology portion completely
MAY 1999 TO MAY 2001, DAV SCHOOL, A CBSE AFFILIATED HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL, KATHMANDU, NEPAL
HEAD OF BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
• Created and established senior secondary section with Biology Laboratory as Head of Biology Department.
• Conducted various seminars and exhibitions.
• Conducted many field excursions and specimen collection campaigns, projects etc.
• Provided health, population and environment education in other schools also on part time basis.
NOVEMBER 1995 TO FEBRUARY 1999, SACHDEVA COLLEGE, DELHI, INDIA
INSTRUCTOR IN BIOLOGY/ZOOLOGY
• Taught Biology to pre-medical students for Medical Entrance Competition Exams for MBBS Course
• Written articles for competitive exam preparation in competitive magazines.
1. Professor Dr. Jay Raj Acharya,
Former Ambassador of Nepal to UN, Principal Nobel Academy, Kathmandu, Nepal
2. Mr. Navraj Pandey,
Founder Director of Nobel Academy, Nobel College and Nobel Medical College, Nepal
3. Professor Mukund Ranjit,
Professor in Biotechnology
Sann International College, Kathmandu, Nepal